Here is a step-by-step setup to configure and use Photon Max Dongle with wireless 3G router to share internet.
- Connect the photon in the usb socket of the router.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable into the socket of the router and second end into the ethernet port of your desktop or laptop
- Open any web browser on your computer and in the address bar type 192.168.0.1 and click enter
- in the username field type admin and in the password field also type admin (Few routers have “password” or blank as default password)
- On the main router page click on setup, click on the second option that says manual internet connection setup
- In internet connection type, select 3g
- In 3G internet connection type, select the following options
[li]Dialup profile- Manual[/li][li]Country- India[/li][li]Telecom- Others[/li][li]username- internet[/li][li]password- internet[/li][li]verify password- internet[/li][li]dialed number- #777[/li][li]authentication- auto[/li][/ul]
- Click on save settings, the router will restart in 45 to 60 seconds
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, click on setup, go to wireless settings, manual settings
- click on enable wireless, enter your desired network name
- in 802.11 mode select B/G/N mixed
- select auto channel scan, visibility status- visible.
- security mode WPA- Personal
- WPA mode- WPA2 only, cipher type TKIP
- type your desired network key and click on save settings
- again the browser will restart in 45 or 60 secs.
- Your router is ready to share internet