“Empowering Yourself Through Communicative Skills”
29-30, Oct 2011 at Chennai
Computer Society of India, Chennai Chapter
IEEE Computer Society, Madras Chapter
IEEE Professional Communications Society, Madras Chapter[/b]
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP: This program centres on theories, cases, and practices of analyzing needs of communication English, writing skills, speaking skills, presentation and working in group. It considers those skills deemed essential for the successful communicative skills and identifying where there are any gaps. Students & professionals will have an opportunity to consider the best way to address the skills gap and understand to build it accordingly. At the end of the program the participants will be able to:
– Identify strengths, weaknesses and areas for development within various communicative skill areas.
– Build the skills that are not only significant to learning in academic achievement but also to your personal development and employability.
Program Duration and Pedagogy: The program is for two working days and would consist of a unique blend of interactive discussions, presentations, lectures, Audio/Video clips, Out bound Training, games and assessment tests. For a detailed tentative programme structure,
pl. see http://www.csi-chennai.org/ws-cs/ws-cs-pgm.pdf
RESOURCE PERSONS: Seasoned and experienced trainers from Victory Mind, a Chennai based organization engaged in Skill Development initiatives.
– Chhaya Ballav Sahoo: A highly successful professional from IIM Calcutta, with specialization in leadership and strategy competency.
– Hirdesh Singhal: Global Head, Project Management Center of Excellence and responsible for Learning World PMO at Mahindra Satyam.
– Dr. Vishal Talwar: Leads the Marketing Strategy courses at London School of Economics, London, UK and contributes to the Enterprise Development courses.
– Sunil Kumar Sarangi: A Dale Carnegie certified global trainer with over ten years of experience across industry and academia. A first class Masters degree in English and Management Studies. He is an expert in interventional training techniques and was engaged at Oracle in imparting training on the new recruits.
TARGET AUDIENCE: The workshop is designed to cater the needs of the students at UG, PG and research level, academic faculty members, and professionals who are interested in improving their communicative skills for a bright and promising career.
DATES & TIMINGS: 29-30, Oct 2011 – Saturday & Sunday:: 10.00 to 17.30 hrs
VENUE: Conference Hall, Anna University Alumni Centre, Anna University, Guindy, Chennai – 600025
WORKSHOP FEE: The fee will cover Workshop Kit, Course Material, Lunch and Tea on two days and Certificate of Participation.
Members of CSI / IEEE (including student members) : Rs. 800/-
Other Students (UG, PG & Research) : Rs. 900/-
Academic Faculty : Rs. 1000/-
Industry & Other Delegates : Rs. 1100/-
REGISTRATION: Registration will be done on “FIRST COME FIRST SERVED” basis. As the seats are limited, to avoid disappointment, early registration is recommended. DD/Cheque to be drawn in favour of
“COMPUTER SOCIETY OF INDIA – CHENNAI CHAPTER” and payable at Chennai.
Please mail your registration form (downloadable from http://www.csi-chennai.org/ws-cs/ws-cs-regn-form.pdf ) with the payment immediately to:
Dr. P. Sakthivel
Asst. Professor, Dept. of ECE
Chennai 600 025
Mobile: +91 94444 12789:: Email: email@example.com